Facilities & Local Amenities
- Local church within 100 yards - Sunday morning 10am and evening 6pm.
- Hexham Abbey with choir and sung evensong 6.30pm Sunday and 6.30pm Wednesdays.
- Catholic church - half way up North Bank Haydon Bridge.
- Methodist chapel right hand side just before the railway line.
- HSBC bank opposite with ATM.
- Post Office within the Co-op - open everyday 8am till 8pm except Wednesdays.
- Co-op open everyday 8am till 10pm.
- Clarks Newsagents opposite - fabulous range of magazines and newspapers, confectionary and cigarettes.
- Library with internet access.
- Hexham library open everyday except Thursdays.
Places to eat
- The General Havelock Inn, Ratcliffe Road. Great place to eat for a restaurant meal or bar meal (no bar meals Saturday PM). open Tuesday to Sunday 12-2pm, 7pm-9pm. Good Real Ales and check out the fabulous river terrace at the back.
The lunch menu for the restaurant is £12.75 for two courses and £15.25 for three courses. The dinner menu is £21.25 for two courses, £23.75 for three courses and £26.00 for four courses. (If you send me a fax number I can get th whole menu to you.
- The Anchor, the other end of the old bridge, good pub food in upstairs dining room. Open every day and evening throughout the year.
- Co-op is open 8am-10pm every day for all sorts of food bits and bobs.
- We have a drying room, storage for equipment and Gutting facilities. Large sink and very sharp knives although Gill probably won’t volunteer to do this for you she will provide freezer space.
- There is Bywell fish and game smokery nearby - where fish can be dropped off without being gutted and left for a few days to get smoked or cured to your own taste. If you are leaving before the process is over they will send it to anywhere in the UK.
- First Aid
- Gill has a First Aid Box in the Kitchen; any more significant damage can be dealt with at the North Bank Medical Centre 01434 684216 or Hexham General Hospital Accident & Emergency 01434 655655.
- There is a chemist in Haydon Bridge, opening hours as follows - The Co-op is open until 22.00 every night and sells pain relief and sanitary goods etc. Tesco in Hexham (7 miles from Haydon Bridge) open 24 hours except Saturday when it closes at midnight, and Sunday 10.00-16.00.